Diseased

I was listening to Jeff and Jer on my way to work the other day (I know, I'm an old lady), and they mentioned something called "Amazing Disease." Sufferers of Amazing Disease fail to see that the things they are describing as 'Amazing' are in fact, not. "That is an amazing handbag. Those pancakes were simply amazing. I went to the most amazing little shop the other day. Your car is amazing!" They claim amazing things are supposed to be somewhat rare, so the word should not be used as often as it is.

The epidemic hits me most when I'm in the food sphere of my life. The problem is, I can't really figure out a way to stop! What if I really DO think that all of these fresh herbs are amazing? Or that Ina Garten's peach and blueberry crumbles taste more amazing than all the other summer fruit crisps combined? What about how Trader Joe's is amazing, as I can fill up my entire cart with produce, wine, and kosher meat and NEVER hit $100.

Maybe the world really is filled with amazing things! Or I'm just easily amazed...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i am definitely a bigger fan of aj's playhouse...i'm not sure what that says about me.

Kristin Murdock said...

hahahahah - you are funny. :) AND you are the only reader of my blog, so thank you, loyal reader!