5 Half Marathons in 1 Year!


I have been trying to get into the Nike Women's Marathon for the last 4 years. A weekend in San Francisco. A chocolate mile. Pedicure and manicure stations. Firefighters in tuxedos handing you a Tiffany necklace as you cross the finish line. Could running long distance get any sweeter? So many people want to run this race that they have a 'random drawing' to determine who gets in. I have never been picked, and have been disappointed every year, but have stayed hopeful for the next year.

THIS IS MY YEAR!

Seven friends and I put together a group, registered for the race together, and found out this morning that our group was selected!! I have been freaking out all day because I'm so excited that this 'bucket list' (I hate that phrase - is there a better one that means the same thing??) race is actually going to happen for me before 2010 is over.

Interestingly enough, 2010 is also the year I decided I would run the Triple Crown - three Half Marathons in San Diego County ran within the same calendar year. If all goes as planned, I will run FIVE half marathons this year. I can't think of a better 'last race' for this season than the Nike Women's Half Marathon.

Did I mention I was excited????!!!!!

3 comments:

Erin Hill said...

Woooooot wooooot!!!!!!!! I need all the training tips you can give me!

April said...

I'm SO excited!!! I also hear that we are going to be "kind of" neighbors with Glenn's new assignment! Oh I can't believe we have to keep running!!! I'm currently training for a full marathon in July...hopefully it won't wipe me out for the October one!

How about "bought the farm" list?
Or "kicked the bucket" list?
"burnt the toast" list?
"Spilled the milk" list?

Hee hee!

Jessica said...

I must really love you!