I Did It!

I used my Le Creuset. It was the first time, and I braised short ribs. Also my first time attempting the short ribs.

It wasn't as good as I had hoped, but my girls group, who willingly joined me for dinner (and life stories..) ate it up and told me it was delicious.

I tried not to apologize for what I thought were the imperfections of my dish. As humans, and particularly women, we tend to apologize for things far too often. No one will really notice if the crostini are a little too crisp as long as you don't say anything. Your husband doesn't really care that you gained 10 pounds but if you keep mentioning it every time you are together, he will start to look at you differently. Note to self.

Along with my braised short ribs (I used a recipe of Ina Garten's called "Scott's Short Ribs") I served goat cheese mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. For dessert, a thin slice of pound cake topped with mounds of fresh strawberries and a drizzle of warm nutella.

Welcome to summer!

2 comments:

jules dentt said...

good advice on not reminding the hubby about the generous portions of love situtated around my middle section. i'll have to remember that. i wonder if reverse psychology works, "honey, i'm getting so skinny..."

Sheri said...

Wow, I hate to say it, but I didn't even know you had a blog. I'm a bad best friend :(