JV's - Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Or my Dad's name, at least. Remember this post where I mentioned JV's and also mentioned that it's basically unheard of (in my family at least) to go to or from the airport without stopping at this lovely establishment? One thing I failed to mention in that post was how everyone at JV's knows my Dad. He went there A LOT. I say went, not goes, because my parents (and 2 sisters) moved from the lovely San Diego to Laurel, Maryland a year ago. A YEAR AGO. And the JV's guys still know his name.

When my sister Kimberly was in town recently we decided to stop by JV's to get food, and of course to be able to gloat to my Dad that we were eating awesomely genuine Mexican food and he was stuck on the East Coast.




I ordered a favorite of mine - the taco salad with carne asada. Please note there are actually more chips than lettuce in this salad. Kimberly had rolled tacos, and Glenn ordered (what else) a California burrito. I also forgot to mention that one of the items in the salsa bar is unlimited hot carrots. Only a few Mexican shops offer unlimited hot carrots nowadays. Another reason to eat at JV's.







Tell me you're not jealous of that burrito. Freshly grilled carne asada, home made guacamole and tortillas, hot out of the grease french fries. Welcome to San Diego.

2 comments:

Kimly said...

I miss JV's!!!!! Oh i want it sooo bad. tell them they should franchise and open one up in laurel Maryland :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, I just got to San Diego (from Washington State) and the thing I was most excited about our temporary stay was the carne asada burritos. Have you ever tried El Zarrape in off Park in University Heights? They have a lobster burrito that's good and a HUGE menu.

PS - I saw your Michael story and oh my gosh. That's how I ended up here!