New Year, New Me

Technically it's not the New Year yet, but I am counting this as a HUGE accomplishment and a change in the essence of who I am. To be honest, I have to credit my college roomie and bestie (not beastie - bestie) Julie for this drastic change.

Several weeks ago I was complaining to Julie about my incompetence when it comes to bread making. I have tried 3 different times and each time my bread comes out stiff and really dense. I think the primary reason is my house is so cold the dough refuses to rise, but it's just so frustrating when all I want to do is make my own bread and I simply CAN NOT DO IT. Ugh.

A few people had mentioned the "no rise" bread as an option when I received my Dutch Oven but, being stubborn, I did not think too much of these recipes. Fast forward to my conversation with Julie - she mentions the "no-rise" bread and I asked her if it was really worth it and if it would really work - she promised yes.

Pictured below is what I pulled out of the oven an hour ago. It is so good! You should try the recipe today!!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Congratulations! There is something about baking bread that is very akin to man discovering fire. Like us humans really could survive without mac and cheese in the box:)

perkyNbLue said...

That looks incredible! Have us over next time you make it. *wink wink* :D