Emergency Row Seats and Armonk

When Glenn's college roommate asked him to be the best man in his March 2009 wedding in New York, Glenn was excited and honored. Knowing I had already taken significantly more unpaid vacation days than one should take in a year - but also knowing that I would willingly take more if a great trip were involved - Glenn said "let's spend a few days in the city after the wedding!" Brilliant man.


I flew to New York with my dear friend Jacob Paul Willis, who was shooting the wedding. We had checked in online the day before our flight so we were able to change our seats to the emergency exit row. Some airlines charge you for changes like this but my good friend Delta will give you double the leg room for free, if you ask early enough. I wish I had taken a picture of my legs stretched out and how awesome the emergency exit row was. I have never flown first or business class, but imagine it feels like the emergency row, only better. I streched my legs all the way out. Like, until they could reach no more.

An all fruit smoothie, biscoff cookies, 4.5 hours in flight and 3 hours at the rental car place later, I drove myself from JFK to Armonk, NY. (Pause for Applause.) Driving in Boston is worse than driving in New York, but driving in New York is pretty scary. Glenn was already at the rehearsal, but I knew I needed some sustinence and a shower for friendliness to be an option. What you see on the left was my sustinence. Real live New York pizza from a cute little Armonk hot spot called Amore. Delish. Well fed and therefore ready to be socially acceptable, I sped off to the rehearsal and (what else?) rehearsal dinner.



This photo is the best representation I have of the rehearsal dinner. My phone/camera idea wasn't working out that well. Here you see John and D-Rock, other college roommates/good friends of Glenn's. We spent the evening at a Thai restaurant near the wedding site, and enjoyed lots of yummy fried thai empanada type things, as well as curry and all things peanut sauce.


Wedding Day! What better way to say goodbye to Mike's bachelorhood than with pizza? Based on my great experience with Amore Pizza the night before, we visited again for lunch. I had a chopped salad with walnuts, goat cheese, chicken and apples. The salad was ok, but I don't think I would ask them to chop it again. It kind of feels like eating herbs instead of lettuce, which grossed me out. The boys shared a large pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni.

I did not have any wine, but for some reason Glenn thought it would be a great idea to take my picture by this magnum. Do I really love wine that much? More on that later.

New York, part one, is a wrap.