Peterson's Donut Corner


I would not consider myself a donut fanatic. Glenn is a donut fanatic - his family has grown up eating donuts on special occasions, mourned the loss of Christy's Donuts on University Avenue and La Mesa Blvd., and his entire countenance changes when the words 'maple' and 'bar' are combined. What I would consider myself, however, is a Peterson's Donut Corner fanatic. I love that place. Like really, I love it. Have thought about marrying it, yes, if you were wondering.


Peterson's Donut Corner is located in the slightly thugged-out community of old school Escondido. It's on the wrong side of the freeway, but beyond a shadow of a doubt worth risking your safety for. I had the privilege of introducing 3 of my fun friends to Peterson's last night. When you go to Peterson's, if you are not with someone who has been there and will show you the ropes, here is what you should do to ensure the best possible experience:


1. Go at night. It's not that dangerous, and you need more spice in your life anyway.


2. Walk along the side of the building before getting in line. This is what I call "the tour" - you look through the glass walls into every ounce of Peterson's world and get the chance to oogle each donut individually before you make your final decision.


3. Ask what the freshest donuts are. At night the fresh ones are usually of the cake variety. Order one of the fresh donuts. Your mind will be blown at just how delicious a donut can be.


4. Soak it up. Enjoy your Peterson's donut (and milk, if you so desire) and realize this is something you will only get to do every once in a while.


Peterson's Donut Corner
903 S. Escondido Blvd.
Escondido, CA 92025
760) 745- 7774

No comments: