A Trip to Costco


This has been either my entire breakfast or a large portion of my breakfast for 3 of the past 5 days. A box of raspberries. Why? A trip to Costco.

I LOVE Costco. I have loved it since it was The Price Club and I would go there with my Mom and look at the Cabbage Patch Kids that were stacked from the floor to the ceiling. They have high quality products in huge volume for way less than you could get at any grocery or specialty store. The problem: there are only 3 of us living under one roof. Three people would not consume 8 boxes of raspberries in a week's time under normal circumstances. So I have to eat raspberries almost daily. I have not grown tired of them just yet, but I also probably won't buy another 8 boxes next time I go. Even though they are a mere $6.99.

"I have heard him compare his store to a price club, and the books in it to olive oil." - Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail

4 comments:

thelastlaugh said...

Kristen, It's Brian Buell.
I enjoy your blog :) Hope all's well.

Lianna said...

oh, i love kathleen kelly!

how can you live in CA and not eat fresh STRAWBERRIES every morning?! I had so many while visiting. My mouth is watering just thinking about the strawberries I ate and ate and ate... :)

Corrie said...

MMMM.... I ate a whole box of them this morning too btw, now there is only one box in the fridge and none of them went bad!!!! that rarely happens with produce from costco unless you have a family of 5 or more (or maybe 3 or more boys since boys are pigs... or so i've learned from my own experiences)

Kimly said...

oh my gosh mama just bought a TON of fruit from Costco too!!! It's seriously so good :) I've been eating our blackberries with oatmeal in the morning yummm