Bronx Pizza, Revisited

One of my favorite things about a life devoted to food and drink is introducing, and being introduced to, new delicious places. A few weeks ago I found out my friends Mary and Caitlin, both fellow eaters and lovers of all things lactose, had yet to experience Bronx Pizza. My newfound obsession with Bronx Pizza, documented in this post, instilled in me the need to introduce these ladies to the worthy of burning the roof of your mouth flavors I love so much.

What better time to welcome a New York pizza joint than immediately following exercise? The three of us ran and walked through Balboa Park and decided a perfect ending to the evening was a slice of Bronx. Or, to be more accurate, 9 slices of Bronx. Here is the pie we ordered.


Half pesto and roasted bell pepper, half pepperoni and green bell pepper. After 8-10 visits, I am almost positive pepperoni and green bell pepper is my favorite topping combination. The vegetable to cheese to pork "meat" ratio is excellent. The only way to make the pepperoni green bell pepper pizza better is with a light sprinkling of crushed red pepper.


I am happy to say both Mary and Caitlin loved their Bronx Pizza experience. Just look at this smiling face! Now we need to plan another running date so we can justify a 2nd round of gluttony.

Bronx Pizza
www.bronxpizza.com
111 Washington Street, San Diego, 92103

1 comment:

thelastlaugh said...

Pepperoni and green pepper is my favorite standard topping and I'm slowly convincing everyone I know that it's the best.