My Attempt at Gnudi

A little while ago I tried to replicate the gnudi they serve at The Spotted Pig. My friend Mary sent me a recipe and it seemed simple enough, so I thought I would try it out. For the visual learners, here are the gnudi at the Spotted Pig.


And here are my gnudi.


Mine were good - particularly the fried sage leaves (yum - who knew butter and sage could taste so good together?) and I would recommend making them on a cool fall evening, but they lacked the plump texture of the Pig's, as well as the more dramatic flavor.

I will keep searching and trying out gnudi recipes that taste at least a little like the Pig's, until I move to New York and can dine in Greenwich Village every week. So send over your recipes, and I'll post something when we try them out.

~Kristin

3 comments:

perkyNbLue said...

Ha! I love the contrast between the two pictures. I'm sure it tasted lovely homemade though! :)

Jamie said...

YUMMMM! I would love to eat either!

Sheri said...

Butter + sage = AWESOME! I order the pear ravioli at Il Fornaio just for the fried sage!