Restaurant Week Re-Cap

I will try to keep this post short because, sadly, I have no pictures from last week's edible adventures.

Tuesday night we hit up Kemo Sabe - in addition to some great faves being on the menu, they also were running a $10 bottle of wine special. HELLO. We took the bro and sis in law and feasted our hearts out. One bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, one bottle of Malbec. Three courses each. Yumm.

We took it easy the rest of the week and saved ourselves for Friday night's feast at Suite & Tender. It was super fun trying out a new restaurant, and this place is the hippest of the hip. I will briefly describe the foods we ate and what I thought of them, and then give you my top 3 moments of the night.

Kristin Ate:
Maple Glazed Bacon (shared with Caitlin)
Alaskan King Crab and Veal Tenderloin (side note -when I ordered this, the waiter told me the veal was served medium rare and asked if that was ok. I said "Yes, I love raw baby cow." His response: "Excellent!")
Tropical Baked Alaska

Favorite part was the entree - the veal was very tender and quite flavorful, served with a roasted brussel sprout slaw. The crab was soaking in butter which made it equally delicious.

Other items on the menu that our friends sampled were pork belly served with seared scallops, braised short rib with lobster claw, heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad, and the Suite and Tender cheesecake, which was nothing like cheesecake at all but more of a cheesecake flavored ice cream whip thing covered in milk chocolate and drizzled with passion fruit coulis. Excellent!

I think what I enjoyed the most about Suite & Tender was that it was something different, that I had the opportunity to try pork belly which I have never had before, and that it was somewhere totally not "me" as far as personality, yet I didn't feel uncomfortable or like I didn't belong. Now on to my favorite moments of the night.

1. The table-side cocktails. So fun. The waiter came out pushing a metal cart with every ingredient to each of our cocktails and mixed them right there for us.

2. The guy/girl bathroom. Sounds shady, but it was fun. The bathroom walls are made of millions of flat white pebbles, each of them shipped over from a beach in China where the architect was on vacation and decided he needed to have them for these bathroom walls. There is an attendant, so no one can behave badly, and the bathroom stall doors are floor to ceiling.

3. The steak knife selection. After the appetizers were cleared, the waiter came around with a lovely platter of steak knives for us to choose from. I chose the Global (clearly) but there were so many cool ones on there and I just loved the idea of choosing your own knife.

4. The Executive Chef delivered some of our meals. Love.

All in all, another great Restaurant Week.

See you in January,
Kristin

3 comments:

Sheri said...

You are my favorite. I love it when you don't try to sugar coat eating meat. You own the fact you are eating "raw baby cow" and I applaud you for it! If your gonna eat it, own it baby! ;)

PS- Was porkbelly better than the bone marrow you had at Whisk n' Ladel? That was shady....

Corrie said...

Did you like the pork belly? I had that dish the first time I was there... and although it was good, I don't think its my thing. Duane and I are going next weekend I think, and I'm going to try the seared tuna entree and crabcakes I think as an appetizer. And after this blog,I have to try the cheesecake that sounds bomb. Next time you go get the Baked Alaska dessert its cool.

Chris said...

Just reading about all that wonderful sounding food made my ateries clog!!!
Glad you are having so much fun eating at all these different places.